UBCO People Server has been decommissioned and is no longer available.
The UBC Okanagan People Server was decommissioned in August 2021 and was a legacy service which provided simple personal website hosting to UBCO employees.
Recommended alternative services to the UBCO People Server are outlined below. Please visit the Personal Webspace page on the UBCO IT Website to learn more about each service.
- Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Teams for web-based collaboration, internal file storage, and restricted file sharing
- Canvas for teaching and learning content
- UBC Shared Web Hosting for hosting websites using FTP
- UBC Blogs for personal websites
- UBC CMS (CTLT) for research lab/group websites
If you require assistance with your UBCO People website migration, we can provide a .ZIP archive of your website contents and create website redirections to your new website destination upon request. Please submit a ticket to the UBC IT Self Service Portal for consultation.
Content on the People Server at UBC's Okanagan campus is uploaded by individual Okanagan campus staff and faculty members. Primarily personal in nature, this content is not governed or reviewed by any central UBC authority and, as such, should not be taken as the opinion or policy of The University of British Columbia.
Sole responsibility for any content lies with the individual who uploaded it.