Conference Proceedings and Abstracts:
31. K. Sakthivel, G. Sonnenberg, L. Stracovsky, M. Verhalle, A. Reed, H. Najjaran, M. Hoorfar and K. Kim, “A stretchable 3D cellular microarray for mechanobioloy study,” The International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences (MicroTAS), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, November 2018.
30. M.G.A. Mohamed, S. Kheiri, S. Islam, and K. Kim, “An integrated high-throughput microfluidic platform to fabricate well distributed cell-laden gelatin methacryloyl microgels for injectable tissue engineering,” The International Conference on Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences (MicroTAS), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, November 2018.
29. Z. Wang, H. Kumar, Z, Tian, X, Jin, J, F. Holzman, F. Menard, K. Kim, “Visible light crosslinkable gelatin methacryloyl hydrogels for stereolithography 3D bioprinting,” BC Regenerative Medicine Annual Symposium, Vancouver, May 2018.
28. K. Sakthivel, G. Sonnenberg, L. Stracovsky, M. Verhalle, A. Reed, H. Najjaran, M. Hoorfar and K. Kim, “Stretchable 3D cellular microarray platform for mechanobiology study,” BC Regenerative Medicine Annual Symposium, Vancouver, May 2018.
27. M. G. Mohamed, S. Kheiri, S. Islam, and K. Kim, “An integrated high-throughput microfluidic platform to fabricate microgels with controlled cell distribution,” BC Regenerative Medicine Annual Symposium, Vancouver, May 2018.
26. Z. Wang, Z. Tian, X. Jin, J. F. Holzman, F. Menard, and K. Kim, “Visible light-based stereolithography bioprinting of cell-laden gelatin hydrogels,” Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Jeju Island, South Korea, Jul 2017.
25. K. Sakthivel, G. Sonnenberg, L. Stracovsky, H. Najjaran, M. Hoorfar, and K. Kim, “Cellular microarray platform for analyzing the response of cells in three-dimensional matrix to mechanical stimuli,” Annual Meeting of Canadian Biomaterials Society, Winnipeg, Canada, May 2017.
24. M.G.A. Mohamed and K. Kim, “High-throughput fabrication of cell-laden gelatin methacrylate microgelsfor tissue engineering,” Annual Meeting of Canadian Biomaterials Society, Winnipeg, Canada, May 2017.
23. Z. Wang, R. Samanipour, M. Mohamed, K. Sakthivel, and K. Kim, High-throughput semi-automatic microdroplet generation and characterization system ,” Proceedings of The Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering International Congress 2016, Kelowna, Canada, June 2016.
22. Z. Wang, X. Jin, R. Dai, R. Samanipour, A. Boddeda, J. Holzman, and K. Kim, “Laser diode-based ultrafast crosslinking of cell-encapsulated gelatin methacrylate hydrogels,” World Biomaterials Congress, Montreal, Canada, May 2016.
21. Z. Wang, R. Abdulla, S. Ghosh and K. Kim, "A 3D bioprinting system based on visible light stereolithography," 2015 BMES Annual Meeting, Tampa, FL, USA, October 2015.
20. H. Rezaeinejad, R. Samanipour, Z. Wang, K. Kim and M. Hoorfar, "Cell-Patterning and culturing on digital microfluidics," MicroTAS 2015, Gyeongju, South Korea, October 2015.
19. Z. Wang, R. Abdulla, B. Parker, R. Samanipour, S. Ghosh and K. Kim, "A high-resolution stereolithography system for 3D bio-printing application," Canada-Korea Conference on Science & Technology (CKC 2015), Calgary, Alberta, Canada, July 2015.
18. A. Gupta, B. A. Nestor, M. D. de L. Derby, A. V. den Berg, Z. Wang, H. R. Nejad, K. Kim, M. Hoorfar, “3D cell patterning using dielectrophoresis on digital microfluidics,” IEEE EMBC 2015, Milano, Italy, August 2015.
17. R. Samanipour and K. Kim, “Computational and experimental study of microfluidic flow-focusing devices for synthesizing hydrogel microtissues,” ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Montreal, Canada, November 2014.
16. J. Jung, J. Oh, K. Kim, C. Cha, and J. Oh, “Tubular cell-laden microgel formation inside glass capillary for tissue-engineered blood vessel applications,” 25th International Microprocesses and Nanotechnology Conference, Royton Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, November 2013.
15. J.Y. Sim, N. Borghi, K. Kim, C.S. Simmons, A.J.S. Ribeiro and B.L. Pruitt, "Changes in cell traction forces in response to uniaxial loading," International Conference on Micro and Nano Engineering, Toulouse, France, September 2012.
14. R.E. Taylor, K. Kim, and B.L. Pruitt, "Cardiomyocyte Suspension Bridges: First measurements of axial force-generation in single immature heart cells," presented at 6th World Congress of Biomechanics, Singapore, August 1-6, 2010.
13. R. E. Taylor, K. Kim, and B. L. Pruitt, “Self-assembling single cells across microposts: First axial force measurements in immature cardiomyocytes,” Solid-State Sensor, Actuator and Microsystems Workshop (Hilton Head 2010), Hilton Head Island, USA, June 6-10, 2010.
12. K. Kim, J. Y. Sim, D. Bernstein, and B. L. Pruitt, “Calibrated micropost arrays for biomechanical characterization of rat caridomyocytes,” 54th Annual Biophysical Society Meeting, San Francisco, USA, Feb 20-24, 2010.
11. K. Kim, X. Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Cheng, X. Y. Wu, and Y. Sun, “Manipulation at the nanonewton level: micrograpsing for mechanical characterization of biomaterials,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’09), Kobe, Japan, May 12-17, 2009.
10. K. Kim, X. Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Cheong, X. Y. Wu, and Y. Sun, “Mechanical characterization of polymeric microcapsules using a force-feedback MEMS microgripper,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’08), Vancouver, Canada, Aug 20-24, 2008.
9. X. Y. Liu, K. Kim, Y. Zhang, and Y. Sun, “NanoNewton force sensing and control in microrobotic cell manipulation,” Proceedings of Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), ETH Zurich, Switzerland, Jun 25-28, 2008.
8. K. Kim, X. Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, and Y. Sun, “MicroNewton force-controlled manipulation of biomaterials using a monolithic MEMS microgripper with two-axis force feedback,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’08), Pasadena, California, May 19-23, 2008.
7. K. Kim, J. Cheong, Q, Liu. X. Y. Wu, and Y. Sun, “MEMS capacitive force sensors for micro-scale compression testing of biomaterials,” IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS’08), Tucson, Arizona, Jan. 13-17, 2008.
6. X.Y. Liu, K. Kim, and Y. Sun, “A MEMS stage for 3-axis nanopositioning,” IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE’07), Scottsdale, Arizona, Sep. 22-25, 2007.
5. K. Kim and Y. Sun, “MEMS-based compression testing of biomaterials with large deformations,” Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics (CANCAM’07), Toronto, Ontario, Jun. 3-7, 2007.
4. K. Kim and Y. Sun, “MEMS mcrogrippers with integrated dual-axis force sensors,” TEXPO 2006, Ottawa, Ontario, Oct. 24, 2006.
3. Y. Sun, K. Kim, R.M. Voyels, and B.J. Nelson, “Calibration of multi-axis MEMS force sensors using the shape from motion method,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’06), Orlando, Florida, May 15-19, 2006.
2. K. Kim and L. Sudak, “A three-phase circular inclusion with a sliding interface and a radial matrix crack,” Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on High Performance Structure and Materials, Ancona, Italy, May 31-Jun. 2, 2004.
1. K. Kim and L. Sudak, “Interaction between a matrix crack and three-phase circular inclusion with imperfect interface in plane elasticity,” 40th Annual Technical Meeting of the Society of Engineering Science (SES), Ann Arbor, Michigan, Oct. 12-15, 2003.