1. A better understanding and proficiency of all 3rd, 4th, and 5th kyu requirements is expected. You are responsible for all kyu techniques up to this point and may be asked to demonstrate any of them.
2. Do not wait for your partner's attack. Sense your partner's attacking intent, connect with and lead your partner's mind.
3. Be aware of your own center line manifested in movement; control your partner through control of his center line.
4. Te sabaki (hand work), ashi sabaki (foot work), and tai sabaki (body work) all moving in harmony. All parts should work together, all motions should be harmonized manifesting the great power of a unified body.
5. Ki-shin-tai no itchi: Manifest a oneness of ki, spirit-mind, and body.